Friday, February 19, 2010

A Trip to Whistler

There were no games on the women's side today, so us refs all headed up to Whistler to tour around a bit. When we first arrived, we saw the figure skating pairs champions, Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, in the parking lot. They were gracious enough to let me have my picture taken with them... I couldn't convince him to lift me up though! :)

- Pictures from Whistler

We were lucky that it was a clear and sunny day. The view was spectacular at the top, and as we rode across the new Peak To Peak gondola. I've took several pictures, but I don't think I was able to truly capture how high we really were in the gondola.

There are two games tomorrow, first SUI vs CHN at 2:35, then RUS vs SVK at 7:05. Kerri is working the late game.

My next assignment is on Monday - the USA vs SWE semi-final. Mary Anne is also working this one. Kerri will be working again on Monday as well lining a game between the two winning teams from tomorrow's games.

So, off the ice for two more days. I'll hit the gym for a couple of light workouts, try to get to Canada Hockey Place to take in a men's game or two (aiming for the CAN vs US game on Sunday), and continue to take in this amazing experience.

I'll continue to keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Some great pics there Heather. I love Whistler, its so beautiful there. Looks the weather was perfect for your visit. Good luck on Monday with the USA game. Great job on the blog so far. Have fun!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete