Saturday, February 13, 2010

Assignments & Protests

First round of games start today. Kerri, MA and I are not on the ice until tomorrow. We're all working together in the Finland vs Russia game at 4:30 PST (7:30 EST). I am also working on the 16th - Russia vs USA at 2:30 PST (5:30 EST). I doubt that tomorrow's game is televised, but the game on the 16th may be on NBC since its the US team.

For the game on the 16th, I will be working with Nicole Hertrich from Germany and Anika Floden from Sweden.

As more games get assigned, I'll continue to provide updates on what Kerri, MA and I are assigned to. These details are also available on the IIHF website at: http://results.iihf.com/og2010/IHW400000_58__1_0.pdf

On a more social note, I went shopping this morning and then into the TD Bank with a couple of other girls. We went to the Olympic store at the Bay - the lineup to get in was huge, be we were lucky that our accreditation allowed us to jump the queue. As we were leaving we saw one of the protests go by. When we were in the bank, the protesters threw two newspaper boxes through the windows.... Must admit, it was a bit frightening!

P.S. Special hello to my nieces MB and CB who I see just signed up to follow!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying Vancouver...went downtown and its incredible, everyone is wearing Team Canada apparrel. I look forward to watching H.R.'s first game Sunday Feb 14th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow TD employee I will let you know that here on the East Coast we make it a point to let everyone know the TD connection to the Olympics!!!
    I hope that this is the BEST time of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete