Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A North American Tilt and A Semi Final

It's been a few days since I last wrote a post. Been an exciting couple of days. The other officials and I wandered to Canada Hockey Place on Sunday to take in the Canada vs USA men's game. What a great experience! The atmosphere was electric... unfortunately the game didn't turn out the way most in the building were hoping, but it was still amazing. The walk back to our hotel along Granville was equally exciting. The streets were closed to traffic and full of people clad in red and white. You wouldn't have known that Canada actually lost the game.

Yesterday, I had one of my best on-ice experiences ever! I lined the USA vs SWE semi-final game at Canada Hockey Place. Although it was yet another rather lop-sided affair, it was still a great skate and felt like a competitive game. I forced myself to remember the magnitude of the game - that these women were playing for an opportunity to compete for an Olympic Gold medal. I did not want to loose sight of this fact, I wanted to take it all in and enjoy it, as it may have been my last international game.

We're off today and tomorrow with the medal games scheduled for Thursday. We're heading to the Hockey House and we'll find out our assignments later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment