Sunday, January 24, 2010

Feeling Real

Well... all of a sudden, it feels very real....

This past week, I received my flight information, Olympic accreditation and a package of goodies from Hockey Canada. Of course I've known since October that I'm going to Vancouver, and have been taking steps for a very long time to prepare... but all of a sudden it all feels a whole lot more real.

I will be leaving on February 11th and returning March 1st. Between now and then, I'll skate as many high calibre games as possible, remain intimately acquainted with my spin bike, maintain strength and core, and study study study the IIHF rules and procedures.

Today, I'm off to line Team China versus a PWHL team. It will be great practise as we will be using International rules and procedures - should be fun. Then, I have ice time tonight so I can practice the ice testing we will no doubt be subject to in Vancouver - that should be a little less fun!!

Later skaters.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, this must be very exciting -- I would like to follow your journey -- get the inside scoop of an olympic professional!

    ReplyDelete